From large to small agencies, high visibility to home grown…
Since 2002, over 85 agencies, including the big guys like Waggener Edstrom all the way down to small shops, have given their advertising, marketing and communications muscles an intense workout through CreateAthon events. During this focused period of creativity and collaboration, your team will learn new techniques for working more efficiently and effectively, grow as a creative team and even master new ways of thinking, all while furthering initiatives that are important to your team.
What’s in it for my agency?
CreateAthon makes organizing and filtering pro bono requests easy, limiting them to just once a year. Not only will your employees feel fulfilled by using their skills to give back to their community, but it will also strengthen your organization as a team.
Why 24 hours straight?
The 24 hour model helps eliminate the distractions that occur in the day to day work environment. We feel that it makes the most efficient use of your time, giving you the ability to fully focus on the project at hand from start to finish. It’s also a whole lot of fun!
When can I hold my event?
The event can be held at a time that suits your company and community best. We love to have lots of CreateAthon events during Pro Bono Week, the third year of October, to tap into larger media networks. We have found that when events happen simultaneously in different venues, there is more energy, momentum and media attention. Most importantly, the event needs to work with your needs and goals.
What support is provided?
Aside from getting detailed instructions on how to plan for and host your event, CreateAthon staff will be just a phone call away throughout the entire process. Yes, even during your event! We will give you all the tools you need in order to make the process a success.
What do I have to do to join?
Joining is simple! We require that you agree to the basic guidelines of CreateAthon, commit a designated portion of your staff to this pro bono work for the entire 24hr period, and complete a minimum of 5 projects.
- AIGA Arizona + CO+HOOTS Foundation Phoenix, AZ
- AIGA DC Washington, DC
- Altria Richmond, VA
- Appalachian State University Boone, NC
- Asociatia Centrul de Resurse in Comunicare Romania
- BBR Lafayette, LA
- Brigham Young University Provo, Utah
- Grand Valley State University Allendale, MI
- J Fitzgerald Group Lockport, NY
- Paragon Design Group Inc. Hudson, NC
- Proximo Marketing Strategies Williamsburg, VA
- redpepper Nashville, TN
- Riggs Partners Columbia, SC
- Roanoke AAF Roanoke, VA
- Stamp Ideas Group, LLC Montgomery, AL
- The EGC Group Melville, NY
- SFW Greensboro & Raleigh, NC
- Trio Solutions Inc. Mount Pleasant, SC
- University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, AL
- University of Oregon Eugene , OR
- University of South Carolina Columbia, SC
- verynice. Los Angeles, CA
- Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, VA
- West Virginia University Morgantown, WV